Canine Behavior Services Menu
Did you know that there are a wide variety of services available through our clinic to help you with your dog training and behavior problems? Our certified dog trainer; Suzy Kisselburg, has been a dog obedience trainer here at Desert Veterinary clinic for the past 9 years. Suzy is certified through Animal Behavior college, which she has also became a mentor for ABC students to obtain some of the pre-requisites necessary for the program. Suzy is also accredited through AKC to give the "Star Puppy", and the "Canine Good Citizen" tests. Suzy is very proud to volunteer with Guide Dogs for the Blind and has raised 11 puppies for this wonderful organization so far.
Behavior Consultation (928) 783-5010
- In Home: Our Behavior Counselor comes to your home to observe your dog in its daily environment, obtain a history, and perform an assessment. You receive a written report with recommendations to help you deal with your dog's behavior challenges (such as housetraining, chewing, barking, jumping on people, separation anxiety, aggression). Initial 1-hour visit, with follow-ups as needed.
- In Clinic: You bring your dog to the clinic for an assessment by our Behavior Counselor and receive assistance and advice to help you deal with your dog's issues.
Training Classes (928) 783-5010
- Puppy Party: Puppy Parties are FREE! Every Monday evening here at Desert Veterinary Clinic from 6:00 to 7:00pm upstairs. They are a special offering to our clients with puppies under 4 months of age and who are current on their vaccinations. This is the ideal time to socialize your new puppy in a safe environment while they are willing and eager to learn. It is a great time for owners to ask questions and get answers about normal puppy behavior. Puppy Parties are a great experience for the entire family that will help you start out on the right track towards a mutually rewarding long-term relationship with your puppy. Please remember to carry your puppy from the car to the party or you will be asked not to participate. This is to protect them all from diseases. Thanks.
- Juvenile Basic Group Obedience Class: This class is for puppies under 1 year of age that are just beginning with basic obedience. The basic cues that are covered are: Name recognition, Watch me, Sit, Down, Come, Sit/Stay, Down/Stay, Let's go (Loose leash walking), and Go to Bed. Normal puppy behavior is also discussed. The puppies in this class have the opportunity tot ear the AKC Star Puppy Reward.
- Adult Basic Group Obedience Class: It is never too late. This class is for dogs over 1 year of age that have not had basic obedience or need to have the basic cues refreshed. The basic cues that are covered are: Name recognition, Watch me, Sit, Down, Come, Sit/Stay, Down/Stay, Let's go (Loose leash walking), and Go to Bed. In the class, many behavior issues are addressed and owners are assisted in how to best deal with their pet's issue.
- Juvenile Obedience Basic II Class: This class is for puppies under 1 year of age that have completed a basic obedience class successfully, but are not mature enough to be successful in the Challenge Class. The class focuses on cementing all the basic cues and offers the chance of taking the puppies out in the public to work on basic cues with lots of distractions. Possible places to visit are city parks, the Tractor Supply Company, Home Depot, and Lowes. it also challenges the owners to teach their pets a new skill or trick every other week using shaping.
- Challenge Obedience Class: This class is for dogs over 1 year of age that have successfully completed a basic obedience and are proficient on the basic cues: Name recognition, Watch me, Sit, Down, Come, Sit/Stay, Down?Stay, and Let's go ( Loose leash walking). The skills for the Canine Good citizen test are covered, as well as an introduction into the Rally Obedience. the Canine good Citizen Test will be given at the completion of the class.
WATCH FOR A NEW CLASS COMING SOON: AKC CANINE GOOD CITIZEN
For more information call: (928) 783-5010